Founded in February 2013, Sam's Hope, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to saving the lives of companion animals by keeping those facing economic and health challenges, and their pets together through pet food and veterinary care assistance programs.
Sam's Hope was inspired by the founder's beloved Shih Tzu, Samantha, and her awareness of the current economic climate which forces many pet owners to surrender or abandon their pets.
It is our hope that all pets can live as ours do; in a loving, forever home with uncompromised care.
July 1, 2013 - December 31, 2016
Distributed 165,000+ lbs. of pet food via:
- Five Food Pantries
- Two Pet Food Pantries
- Two In-Home Support Programs
- Two Subsidized Senior Living Complexes
- Directly to Pet Owners in Need
Awarded 177 Veterinary Care Assistance Grants to:
- 113 Dogs
- 64 Cats
Provided Home-Delivered Pet Food and Supplies to 176 Pets of the Homebound & Elderly on a monthly / bi-monthly basis.
- Trap and relocate a small feral cat colony after their caregiver passed away.
- Find sanctuary for a sick, abandoned terrier
- Assist an ill pet owner find sanctuary for his cats,
- Find loving homes for three senior pets; 1 dog and two cats
- Find a loving home for a cat whose owner became ill and passed away
- Find a loving home for a dog whose owner could no longer care for him
- Find a loving home for a 12 year old dog being surrendered to a shelter
- Find a temporary foster home for an 8 year old dog that would have otherwise been surrendered to a shelter
- Fulfill the last wish of a 95 year dying woman by finding a foster for her two 7 year old sibling cats.
Board of Directors